Thursday, January 10, 2013

The truth about acting #1

They say the best actors, or the more employable actors, are those with the most life experience to draw upon.
In other words: actors who have experienced life; is this even true; is this what a casting director or director considers?

Here's a question that would surely cause a stir at your next dinner party;

At what stage have you actually 'experienced life'? Like hell I'm waiting until age eighty to book a decent acting or presenting role, man.

For me personally; I went to primary school, got a sister, started acting classes, went on loads of family holidays, rode my bike until all hours, played under the sprinkler, played softball, did karate, regularly collected & sold my neighbors mail back to them, my favorite movie was The Wedding Singer and My Best Friends Wedding (i was eight or ten), lost my grandfather, went to high school, still doing acting classes, got severely bullied, spent my summers waterskiing and winters snow skiing, changed high schools from public to private, stopped getting bullied, dabbled in modeling, travelled with my family, had my first boyfriend, learnt to ride a horse, sucked at maths but got an A in drama, got bullied by a teacher, became part of a social scene, graduated high school, started university, still acting, travelled, met my 'now' fiancé, partied, made new friends, travelled again, started working in Human resources, went through social traumas, grew up a whole heap, started a business in fashion, got a new more advanced job in Human Resources, had lots of money, wore the miss corporate crown and rocked, graduated, decided I couldn't let go of my acting aspirations, moved to LA, lived on my own & had not many friends, worked twelve hours a day 7 days a week, discovered I was a good presenter, got accepted into Chubbucks classes, continued to travel around and work hard, missed my man decided to head home, started a new business in recruitment, finally confident and comfortable with who I am, channel 7 discovered me, started caring for my grandmother, worked hard on producing my own work, got booked to play the lead in an Aussie-Viet film, hello world this is me, picked up a whole lot of presenting work, kicking goals, booked my first TVC, started producing & writing, bought a house, got an agent, welcome to Korean food was born, still working on my own stuff, lost my other grandfather, renovated my house, became a voice over artist, he proposed, still acting and presenting, still running my own business, organizing a wedding, busting my ass to be prepared for when the right person calls me with the right role for the right project, still training, still acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment