Monday, August 26, 2013

Say What?

I have never thought of myself as a model, I am five foot three for crying out loud! Last week I recieved a call that made me laugh - a faaaamous photographer was in Australia and had requested that I attend her casting for a global brand.
I had never attended a real model casting before with a vogue front cover photographer, I attend acting and presenting auditions... and that's where it all began.

I am an actor, I am an actor, I am an actor, is what was going through my head.
How the heck will I maximise this opportunity?
Of course, ill be an actor!
So, I walked into the casting as an actor playing the role of a model.

"25 clicks whenever you're ready" Bronwyn Kidd said.
Well, thank the lucky stars I had watched Next Top Model the week prior and from only that I knew what she meant and what I had to do.
Stand still and slightly change my expression and stature at each click. Dont forget to relax the jaw - something I remembered Alex Perry telling girls off about with steam coming out of his talented little ears.

With the hard part out of the way we chatted happily about wedding dresses and Bronwyn told me all about hers and the famous Australian designer that made it for her as a wedding gift.

What a pleasure it was to have my first BIG model casting with such a down to earth and friendly person.
What's strange, yet so fabulous, is that I have been shortlisted for another model assignment this week too!

I will forever hear the following being played in my head whenever I attend these model castings and jobs...

I'm a model ya know what I mean when I shake my little toosh on the catwalk...on the catwalk...

No comments:

Post a Comment